Soccer Team Stats Tracker
- 15'872 Downloads
- 7.2 Mb File Size
- January 4, 2022 Updated
- 5 Number of comments
This is a Soccer Team Stats Tracker that can be used to record and track performance of your soccer team in a single excel spreadsheet. It is equipped with player and team summary worksheets. And there is a team dashboard worksheet that will visualize your team performance to ease you evaluate them quickly.
This spreadsheet is created to evaluate the performance of one specific team only. For example, if you are a soccer coach or soccer team owner, you can put all of your team matches against different/similar opponents and read the summary pulled from match stats you put inside match stats log. It can be used to evaluate your favorite team as well. You can put your national team and track their performance from the last 10-15 matches.
I plan to put England last 15 matches against Wales, Slovakia and Russia as samples in the lite version that should give ideas about their matches in Euro 2016 final tournament in France this June. But, I think I won’t have enough time to complete it. So, I release it as a blank spreadsheet.
Setting Up the Soccer Team Stats Tracker
There are pre-set match stats codes and categories to be inputted in match stats log. You can download and follow detail instructions below to use it :
1. Go to Setup Worksheet
You can start using the spreadsheet by set all needed parameters in this worksheet.
- Type your team/country names in cell G7
- If you have saved the filename as another name, replace the filename in cell H7 otherwise you can’t move between matches. You should replace it with “your new filename.xlsx”. Check for upper/lower cases, extra spaces and missing dots since it is case sensitive
- Type opponent’s name in opponents table. Pro version will allow you to type until maximum 50 team’s names.
- Add more individual statistic names in individual statistic table as well as its codes. You can modify current names to match your own terms, but it is not recommended to modify its codes since those codes are hardcoded in individual statistic calculation
- Type your tournament’s names in tournament table
- Modify formation name if you don’t find your own formation listed in the formation table
- Add/or modify team statistic item in team statistic table
- Place your individual statistic codes in statistic code color table or you can leave it as white color
1.2 Go to Team Fixtures Worksheet
- Select opponent’s name
- Type fixture’s date (used for last 5 matches)
- Select tournament type of respective matches (home/away/neutral)
- Type venue name of respective matches (optional)
1.3 Go to Player List Worksheet
- Type player name
- Type player’s back number (optional)
- Type player’s nationality (optional)
- Type player’s position in abbreviation
- Type player’s age (optional)
- Add notes
- Type coach’s name
2. Go to Match Log Worksheet
All fixtures will be mapped automatically in match log worksheet. Complete all information within white border cell for statistic calculation purposes.
2.1 Go to Match Header Information
- Type round number (optional)
- Type referee name (optional)
- Set either the match require extra time or not (default is “No”)
- Set either the match require penalty shoot out or not (default is “No”)
- Select your team’s coach name
- Select your playing Formation
- Select your opponent team’s coach name (optional)
- Select your opponent team’s playing formation (optional)
2.2 Go to Line Up Area
- Assign your team’s player name in starter and substitute column (column P).
- Type respective position, column O, (if they are positioned on specific position, for example CB for Center Back, LW for Left Wing. It could be different in each matches
- Type your player ratings (column Q)
2.3 Go to Statistic Area
- Type minute in minute column (column B)
- Select your team player name (column D)
- Select respective individual statistic code (column E)
- Type your opponent’s player name (column J)
- Select respective individual statistic code (column I)
2.4 Go to Penalty Shoot Out Area (If needed)
- Select the player who taken the penalty (column D)
- Select respective penalty kick code, PG for goal, PF for failed (column E)
- Select opponent’s player who taken the penalty (column E)
- Select respective penalty kick code for opponents team (column I)
2.5 Go to Statistic Area (at the bottom)
- Type statistic summary of your team match (column F)
You can move between matches by clicking the next/previous link on top of each match worksheets. If you can’t move between month, check the filename in setup worksheet. It has to be the same with your saved filename. You can go to specific match by clicking respective result cell in Team Fixtures worksheet.
3. Go to Summary Stats Worksheet
You can see summary of your players here. There are four different player stats and one team worksheets.
Player Stats Summary
You can see stats summary of each player for all their played matches. There are no cells to be selected or inputted.
Player Individual Stats Summary
Select your player’s name to see his performance in each matches
Player Win Lose Stats Summary
You can see the outcome of the matches based on the match when your player’s are played
Player Rating Stats Summary
You can see the performance of your player in each matches
Team Stats Summary
You can see important team stats summary in Dashboard visualization. Select All Opponents if you want to see stats for your whole team matches or select specific opponents if you want to see your team stats against specific team.
≡ Team Stats Summary Dashboard
This worksheet will visualize important parameters your team performance in chart style. You can read parameter summaries as follows :
- Win-Draw-Lose Record
- Possession Chart
- Shooting Accuracy Chart
- Top Scorer
- Top Performer (Based on rating average)
- Goal Distribution Chart (scored vs against, time distribution and goal type)
- Most used Formation with its Win-Draw-Lose stats
- Total and average of Assists, corner kicks, offsides, fouls, yellow and red cards, saves
- Winning Stats under Certain Condition
- when scores first goal
- when opponent scores first goal
- when trailed in first half
- when lead in first half
- when possession > 50%
- when possession < 50%
≡ Player Rating Table
This worksheet will show you rating of each player match by match
≡ Player Win-Lose Stats
This worksheet will show you team match results by player names
≡ Player Summary and Individual Stats
This worksheet will show you stats of all and particular players in all matches which he played. Current available stats are :
- His playing minutes
- Yellow card
- Red card
≡ Custom Team Fixtures and Player List
You can add until 100 opponents name (similar or different opponents), and 100 player names.
≡ Custom Match Codes
You can customize current code to suit your own codes or add more codes to represent other important parameters that you want to evaluate.
We are sorry 🙁
Help us improve!
How we can improve this template?
Vanja ( )
How can I reduce game duration? I coach U13 who plays 2 x 30 minutes in a match.
Gavin Thornhill ( )
How can I reduce game duration? I coach U12 who plays 2 x 30 minutes in a match
Marta Walczak ( )
How to open the spreadsheet??? I can’t use it
Geoffry Bowman ( )
Did anyone get an answer about reducing game duration? Also how to include the ability for players to be subbed back in to the game to get an accurate minutes played?
Codey Ralph ( )
Hi. The FG does not add goals to the players stats in the ‘player stats summary’