FIFA Women’s World Cup Schedule and Scoresheet
- 8'984 Downloads
- 2.8 Mb File Size
- June 3, 2015 Updated
- 3 Number of comments
On this page, you will find FIFA Women's World Cup schedule and scoresheet with Soccer Tournament Creator spreadsheet that I created because of many requests asking about Schedule and Scoresheet for this football tournament.
Different from our World Cup schedule and scoresheet, I have neither created a specific template nor modified existing World Cup template because the platform is not the same.
Women's World Cup 2015 was joined by 24 teams while previous Men's World Cup 2014 had 32 participants. Only the next Euro 2016 soccer tournament that will have the same number of teams.
I decided to use my Soccer Tournament Creator to form this tournament schedule and scoresheet. I think this will be enough for you who need to track the progress of your team in this tournament.
You will need Microsoft Excel to edit this template. If you don’t have it yet, you can get it as part of "Office 365" from Microsoft's site right here.
Women's World Cup 2015 will be held in Canada from 6 June until 5 July 2015. There are 24 countries, divided in 6 groups, that will compete in this tournament, those are :
- Group A : Canada, China PR, New Zealand, Netherlands
- Group B : Germany, Ivory Coast, Norway, Thailand
- Group C : Japan, Switzerland, Cameroon, Ecuador
- Group D : United States, Australia, Sweden, Nigeria
- Group E : Brazil, South Korea, Spain, Costa Rica
- Group F : France, England, Colombia, Mexico
The 1st and 2nd position from each groups will qualify for round of 16 automatically. And the best four 3rd position will complete round of 16 brackets. After all group matches are completed, teams will be ranked based on this tie breaker rule :
- All Matches - Highest Point
- All Matches - Better Goal Difference
- All Matches - Better Goals Scored
- Team Concerned Matches - Highest Point
- Team Concerned Matches - Better Goal Difference
- Team Concerned Matches - Better Goals Scored
- FIFA drawing
In round of 16, teams will be paired based on this arrangement
- Winner Group B vs 3rd Group A / C / D
- Runner-up Group A vs Runner-up Group C
- Winner Group E vs Runner-up Group D
- Winner Group F vs Runner-up Group E
- Winner Group A vs 3rd Group C / D / E
- Runner-up Group B vs Runner-up Group F
- Winner Group D vs 3rd Group B / E / F
- Winner Group C vs 3rd Group A / B / F
I set all needed parameters in my Soccer Tournament Creator template based on those information. You may ignore some redundant rows, columns, and worksheets which have no direct relations with this tournament schedule and scoresheet. Those are parts that you will find in the original template if you want to create your own tournament. I have deleted some worksheets to reduce the filesize, though.
And before using this spreadsheet you might read this notes :
- Match number in this scoresheet will be different from match number of tournament matches because this schedule and scoresheet is not designed specifically for Women's World Cup 2015 tournament. To see original match number, you can download FIFA official schedule here.
- All worksheets are protected. You are able to typing the score, change team name and arrange knock out matches but not changing its layout.
- You can see and print all group matches in a single worksheet, but you can't update in it.
- Team Info Tab is not available in this version
- Updating process could take 1 - 5 seconds based on the processor speed of your computer
- Remember to update the filename in setup worksheet everytime you rename the file to avoid any broken link (it will show the "unspecified file" message when you click the links)
- Un-tick the "Check compatibility when saving this workbook” option if you being asked when saving the file to avoid the excel to save as a file to be read by Excel 2003 and below, since it is not compatible and will break the program
To Change Team Name :
- Go to Setup worksheet
- Edit team name (cell L13)
- Edit team name in team name pool table
- Select respective group and edit team name on those groups (remember, you can type score in All Group Matches worksheet)
To Type Group Matches Score Results :
- Go to Matches worksheet
- Select respective group
- Type the score in respective score boxes
To arrange Knock Out Matches :
- Go to Matches worksheet
- Go to Knock Out Matches worksheet
- Go to Knock Out Regulation worksheet
- Arrange Team that will meet in round of 16. Fixed matches already paired. Matches between 1st/2nd places with best 3rd position haven't been arranged as you can see in picture below (blank cells in match table). You should select the remaining team using a dropdown tab in pairing matches table to conclude all round of 16 matches. Quarterfinals until final matches are already arranged. Winners from Round of 16 will be placed automatically.
To Type Knock Out Matches Score Results :
- Go Knock Out Matches worksheet
- Type score in respective score boxes.
You can download and try it.
You can download it if you want to emulate it with your own style. It will allow you not only to emulate Women's World Cup Football Tournament but also to emulate any big soccer tournament as well as to create your own tournament. There will be no office pool available for this tournament. But I promise you that I will create the specific one for UEFA Euro Soccer tournament.
We are sorry 🙁
Help us improve!
How we can improve this template?
KEVIN WILLIAMS ( )
Very nice. However, it’s password protected so I can’t edit the date/time/location of the consolation and final matches for the 2019 World Cup. What’s the password?
ExcelTemplate.Net ( )
Paul Karambi ( )
An excellent template indeed! How do I customize dates to suit my requirements twice in a week? The template has dates set for twice a week as Mon/Thu, Tue/Fri & Wed/Sat. I run games on Sat/Sun and want game dates fall on Saturday and Sunday.