Employee Attendance Tracker
- 60'003 Downloads
- 11.2 Mb File Size
- January 4, 2022 Updated
- 34 Number of comments
The free attendance calendar template is one of my popular excel templates which has been downloaded over 100,000 times since I released it three years ago. There are many requests came to my email about possibility to do template customization to suit their company needs which I couldn’t fulfilled due to my time limitation. But, I have kept those requests and feedback to create a more general employee attendance calendar template which could meet 90% of those requirement.
And here it is, the new employee attendance planner and tracker template which is created with the same style with my previous Gantt Chart and Soccer League templates. If you have downloaded those lite templates, you will be familiar with the worksheets structure :).
I have to make a different post for this template because there are many improvement have been made over the old one. I believe this template should help you ease your employee attendance recording job where it will automatically help you calculate it employee by employee where you can further analyze it to evaluate your employee performance.
- Custom Month and Week names : If your language is not English, you modify its month and week name into your own language. To further customize other words and titles, you need the pro one.
- Color marker: You will have options to hide or reveal color marker in attendance worksheets, available color markers are present marker, attendance code, holiday, non working days, and hired/resign markers. You can switch it on/off based on your selection in setup worksheet.
- Carry Over period: if your company applied carry over attendance system, you can set the month period of that carry over.
- Custom holiday and leave dates: These features will allow users to add their company holidays along with national holidays to be excluded from working days calculation.
- Dashboard Report Style: This dashboard style report will give you a brief summary of your company attendance performance in one year period. You can see the top/bottom 5 employees attendance performance, your company turn over, and attendance percentage over the passing workdays.
- Automatic Work Days Calculation: This feature will ease you calculating the number of working days every month precisely, based on your custom workdays. It will exclude any holidays that you put in custom holidays column.
- Flexible Work Days: Some companies apply different working days instead of normal Saturday or Sunday. Using this flexible work days feature, users can select their own work days within one week.
- Custom Attendance Parameter: You can custom your attendance parameter based on your preference. There are 8 (eight) parameters available to be customized.
- Attendance Sheet Marker: These are features that will colorize your sheets based on your personal setting. There are five available markers:
- Present: To mark present days (or blank cells). You can leave it with white/no color or color it with light blue color.
- Present: To mark and differentiate any taken absence codes. When you activate it, you will have 8 different colors for eight different codes.
- Holiday: To mark holiday’s date with red color.
- Non Working Days: To mark non working days with blue color.
- Hired/Resignation: To mark blank cells before the beginning and after the end of employee working period
If you already use Microsoft Excel to manage my employee’s attendance, do you still need this tool? Well, it depends on how you are using Excel to ease your jobs. If you are calculating working days, absences, and holidays manually, this tool can definitely help you to save time.
I believe this template will be a great help for Human Resources People to manage their employees. With plenty of options on personalizing its layout and its flexibility on choosing workdays as well as its smart formula on calculating custom workdays, it will reduce your manual job processing time. It is a very good alternative tool to other stand-alone software which is offered in more expensive price with limited function. This version is worked with Microsoft Excel 2007 and 2010 and it is created without macro which reduce incompatibility issues between Microsoft Windows and Office version. It is worked also under Microsoft Excel 2011 and Mac environment, but you’d better test it first to make sure it is working well.
Go to Setup worksheet
- Type your starting year (for example, 2012)
- Select your working days
- Custom your attendance codes
- Select your marker preference
- Set your carry over period
- Type your holiday dates
Go to Personal Info – Employee Name worksheet
- Fill in ID, Name, Title, Department, Hired and Resign dates (You have to delete all dummies information in lite version)
Go to Personal Info – Allocation worksheet
- Fill employee attendance allocation and carry over (only for the first year) days in corresponding cells (you have to delete all dummies information in lite version)
Go to Attendance worksheet
- This is basically your daily worksheets. When you finished typing, selecting and filling the previous worksheets, you can start typing/selecting corresponding codes when your employee is not come to your office, and let the excel formulas ease all calculation jobs. You will see total working days in each month, and you can move between months by directly click on month tabs or sliding left or right using the available sliding arrows (there is several codes already type in the first month in lite version, you should delete it first).
To see your employee attendance for further evaluation, you can go to Report and Dashboard worksheets. In Pro version, you can select year up until 3 year period and 250 employees.
Report – All Employees worksheet
- Select attendance code to show your employee attendance records in one full year.
Report – Single Employee worksheet
- Select your employee name to show his/her attendance record in one full year.
- In this calendar style worksheet, you can see the average of employee attendance until today. The other information you can see in this dashboard are, total/passed working days, number of active employees, a number of employees who hired/resign, top/bottom 5 employees, and the average of absence allocation taken by employees. You can also custom calendar marker for attendance by changing the percentage value in white cells below the calendar.
We are sorry 🙁
Help us improve!
How we can improve this template?
GMRB ( )
Maybe you should change the name on the download so it works without changing the name….
Also: I like the sheet but would be helpful if there was a key on the daily input sheet and if the names could stay stationary when you scroll the page to the right.
Other than that, Kudos! Best one I’ve found out there!
R. Musadya ( )
For all of you who can’t move between month and find “can’t find specified file” message, you need to replace the filename in setup worksheet with exactly the same name. And check for upper/lower cases, extra spaces or missing dots since it is case sensitive.
@Sally : Issue solved. It is not the password. It is filename issue as well.
Donna ( )
I am using the lite version as well. Mine is showing password protected. Also, under the attendance section of the setup, is there no way to change the codes? I only need to use Vacation and Sick times, not BT or L. Additionally, I cannot move between months. I am not sure about further issues like the reports tab at this time. When attempting to hide columns or rows, the option is grayed out. This appears to be an excellent tool for monitoring attendance. Please advise.
Sonny ( )
Hi, also in the Reports tab only the months Jan, Jul, and Dec are showing up correctly. The rest just say “Mon”? The “total allocation” in the “single employee report” does not calculate, returning only #VALUE! or ######. Thank you.
Sonny ( )
Hi, I’m just starting using the lite version V2.44. I can’t get the colors to display in the attendance sheets. Tried variations of yes/no in the setup tab for attendance. No luck. Am I missing something? Otherwise, looks like an excellent template.
Rick ( )
Hi, I have downloaded the Pro Version 2.45 and I’m setting up my data. How are Part Time and Casual staff reflected in this spreadsheet? When I go to the Report tab it has the same amount of workdays for each staff member from month to month. The Present Attendence Parameter is unusable if it calculates Part Time and Casual staff as having the same amount of wordays as a Full Time employee??
Steve ( )
Hi, I have downloaded and setup the lite version 2.44. When I change the year to 2013, The months do not display correctly in the Report all employees tab and it corrupts the data in Sept – Dec. Also if I change the carryover period on the Setup tab to “0” the Report single employee page does not work. I downloaded a fresh workbook and tested and got the same results. I cannot see where I may have made an error in setting up. Can you please advise? Thanks
R. Musadya ( )
@Robin : Try to tick on the tick boxes only. It should work well. I’ve tested with my spreadsheet and there is no problem with that. If you still have problem, you can drop me email with your file attached. Regards.
Robin ( )
I am using the lite version. In setup, when I try to include Saturday adn Sunday as working days, I get the following message: The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only. To modify a protected cell or chart, first remove protection using the Unprotect Sheet command (Tools Menu, Protection submenu). You may be prompted for a password. When I try to unprotect it demands a password, which I don’t have. Can you please assist?
Simon ( )
Thanks Steve – I had to put in the whole path as well as the .xlsx extension. It works great.
Thanks very much, appreciated.
Steve ( )
The name must exactly match. I had the same problem and I emailed to the author with the file attached and he replied that I missed the “dot” in the filename. When I typed that dot, I can move from January to another month without problem. You can send him email to find your mistake.
Simon ( )
I also renamed the filename in the setup tab and still I cannot move from January to another month.
Any ideas how to solve this?? If I cannot move to other months, then I cannot use the spreadsheet. Thanks
Gina ( )
I am having the same problem as Simon. I am using the lite version but it will not let me move from January to another month. I renamed the file in the setup worksheet but it did not work. I also tried to re download the spreadsheet but that did not work either. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
R. Musadya ( )
@rob : There is no password in allocation cells. I have checked again and I found no cells asking for password. Could you specify which cell number that is need password?
@Sumeet @Simon : When you renamed the file, remember to also replace the filename in setup worksheet with exactly the same name with the filename that you have saved. The filename in setup worksheet is used as an anchor reference for internal link inside the file.
@laks : The lite version only accommodate maximum 25 employees.
@Cyndi : I have checked again. It works fine. Can you email me the screenshot or email me the file (email address is on about tab in your Pro version file) that you have modified so I can analyze it further.
Regards – Musadya
Simon ( )
In the Lite Version – I cannot move out of January into the any other month. It seems there is a hyperlink in the cell and I cannot link to it. Can anyone help me??
Cyndi Daniels ( )
I am using the pro version ans spread sheet will not allow display more than 25 employees info on report tab (individual). Please explain.
laks ( )
Am using the lite version but cannot add more than 25 names…it needs a password to do any changes on the sheet. Please assist
Sumeet ( )
am sing lite vrsion 2.44 but move from one month to other in attendance spreadsheet
rob ( )
I am using the lite version. I cannot change the vacation allocated days from 12 to 10 without needing the password. Do you have to buy the password? I only need to change the # of days and nothing else.
patrick joynera ( )
i am using Libre office calc instead of excel. Everything in the sheet works except the hyper links for the months in the attendance tab and the scroll right hyper link in the attendance tab. The error message is bellow. I cant access any other month besides the starting month
“[Employee Attendance Calendar Plus V250.xlsx]’Month (8)’!e10” is not an absolute URL that can be passed to an external application to open it.
Charles ( )
Can the employee attendance calendar be adjusted to track by the minute vs. day and 1/2 day? Often I would have staff go for short period of times and want time used up counted accordingly. Also the calendar dashboard report doesn’t show the stat days, etc in color beyond the months of Jan and Feb. Is that maybe just the version I downloaded. It was the Lite version.
Jason ( )
I downloaded the lite version and so far so good – however it only allows me to use/view one month (January) is this by design?
Martin Clifford ( )
Hi there, I have found your excel program very interesting and useful. I am setting up my own company and your tool will be great to track attendance and sick pay for my employee.
I am a little confused though as of how to record holidays/absences for employees. In your lite version (the one I have) i have created three dummy employees and I have tried to put down holidays for january, which your system allows me to do. But when I try to go into another month (for example the current month, February) to log a sick day, it’s not allowing me to get in the month. It keeps on saying that I can’t access the cell.
I read the instructions but there’s nothing there about how to record actual holiday days after having set up the allowance, so I would expect that if my employee asks me to take holidays in August, I should be able to go to the month of August and record his holiday. Why isn’t it allowing me to do so and how to resolve this issue?
Thanks for your time.
Jan ( )
I am currently using SoftTime, it is obsolete as of 1/1/2016. I keep track of vac/sick/personal time w/this. Can your version do that? I could use more information. Luckily time is on my side. Please respond by e-mail. TX Jan
Colleen Jones ( )
I followed all the directions for set up. In the “Attendance” Tab, I can not move to the different months or years. We are in February so I wanted to enter in those dates, etc.
I can’t change the field where you have company logo and name in the Single Employee Report.
Under “Personal Info” the ID numbers are not lined up/centered together, the first six are centered the next 10 are left justified
Under “Hired Date”, the first six are visible dates then the rest are hash tags (#).
Ramakrishna ( )
We are a Non-Profit Organization having 15 employees. We need to customize the template to our needs. We have 15 employees. Priests work 6 days a week. Office staff work 5 days a week. We just tried Excelindo Employee Attendance Calendar Lite. We are interesting in Pro. Please help us to customize to our needs.
We appreciate your help in this matter.
God bless you.
Jennifer Blitz ( )
How many people will this hold? Also we are starting a new points system for 2013, would this be something to easily add if needed and what would the cost be for that? We need an easy way to see who is up for a write-up etc so I’m not sure where that would even be added.
Mark ( )
where is the download linkl????? all I see is features and comments????
Walter Curry ( )
I cannot change the month. Can someone assist me?
Jessica ( )
to switch months what does the file name need to be changed to?
Danielle ( )
Whatever you save it to it needs to have .xlsx at the end. It needs to match exactly
Lee-Ann ( )
Hi I need to have round about 1500 – 2000 employees I’ve gone through everything and it looks fine except that on the dashboard – total active employees is still 247 , the total working days aren’t the same please assist, how many people was hired also doesn’t calculate properly please assist with the formulas so that i can know where to look “Dummy Daily”? “Dummy Employee”? thanks
Alesha Frazier ( )
Is there a way to widen the attendance parameter? I need to add two more codes if possible
Danielle ( )
Hello, everything else is working fine. I just cant get the colors to change for the attendance marker. Its saying password protected in the setup tab column F rows 28 through 36