I Think I’m Finished
My to-do list for this site has only two items remaining. And those are both very low priority. So I guess that means I'm finished. Well, as "finished" as a Web site ever gets.
Everything seems to be working smoothly, but I'm sure some more glitches will emerge. Thanks to everyone who pointed out the problems.
The two remaining items:
- Create thumbnail views of all of the file downloads. It's not really necessary, but I think it will be a nice touch.
- Figure out why the site's favicon.ico isn't working. The favicon is the little 16x16 image that appears next to the URL in the address bar. It should look like this:
I spent three minutes with an icon editor, and that's as creative as I could get.
I just checked the referrer log, and lots of people are coming here from Daily Dose of Excel. They're showing up at the rate of about one visitor every three minutes. And, surprisingly, I'm even getting a few visitors from Google searches. When I signed up for a Google Analytics account, they must have submitted the site to their robot crawler.
- Reader Comments -
Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.
- By Eleazar Cruz. Comment posted 31 July, 2008 9:45pmI see the favicon...
- By Joe. Comment posted 31 July, 2008 10:54pmGood Morning John
Let me be one of the first to congratulate you on the new page, new design and this blog. I have been an avid visitor of your blog and the original spreadsheet page since i purchased your books ( Excel 2002 formulas 2002 and Excel 2002 power programming with VBA ).
Will you be accepting visitors posting excel related questions or challenges ? You probably do not want the site to turn into a Mr excel type messgae board - but perhaps now and then, a general question or two ? . . . Anyway, I hope you do not mind people with "lesser" excel knowledge posting questions etc on your blog. I have found that on some of other excel sites it would seem that if your question is too "trivial", they just ignore you.
- By Joe. Comment posted 31 July, 2008 11:04pmOkay . . . Scrap the question . . . I just read your support page
- By Dick Kusleika. Comment posted 24 August, 2008 3:23pmDo you have an rss feed for comments?
- By John Walkenbach. Comment posted 24 August, 2008 4:30pmRSS for comments? Yes. I just added one.
Spreadsheet Page Blog
Welcome to the Spreadsheet Page Blog. This is where you find the latest news on my books, add-ins, and other Excel-related topics. Comments are welcome.