Excel Books For Kindle
Amazon's Kindle ebook reader is being updated. Amazon's Kindle 2 Will Debut Feb. 9.
Amazon.com will introduce the next generation of its popular Kindle reader in New York City on Feb. 9.
The company sent out e-mail messages Tuesday announcing a news conference on that date at the Morgan Library & Museum in New York. Amazon.com confirmed that its founder and chief executive, Jeffrey P. Bezos, would host the event.
Amazon would not comment in any more detail about the coming announcement, but the Kindle's detail page on Amazon.com tells the story. It now says the electronic book reader will ship in four to six weeks. It previously suggested a wait of 11 to 13 weeks.
What does that mean for Excel mavens?
Well, currently there are 87 Excel books available in Kindle format. And I wrote eight of them. As I write this, the Excel 2007 Bible is the #1 selling Excel Kindle book, and ranks #729 among all 230,000 Kindle books.
- Reader Comments -
Following are comments in response to this item.
The most recent comment is at the bottom.
- By Tim Mayes. Comment posted 27 January, 2009 11:32pmJohn, thanks for mentioning this. I somehow missed the news. When I saw the post title, my first thought was "I'm still waiting for kindle 2.0." Now we'll see if I can actually get one when they come out.
- By Haffy. Comment posted 28 January, 2009 2:02amI have to say it would be handy to replace all my Excel books with a reader. And it'd make reading some of your larger tomes less of an exercise in weight-lifting, JW!
- By Mike Alexander. Comment posted 29 January, 2009 12:01pmWhen you get decrepit and senile, can I take over the Excel Bible series?
- By John Walkenbach. Comment posted 29 January, 2009 12:32pmDecrepit and senile? That's still at least two years away, Mike.
Somebody will have to take over those books. I wonder if I can put them at eBay?
- By Chaitanya Sagar, Excel Expert. Comment posted 07 April, 2009 3:57amThe Kindle may not look perfect, or be perfect, but it's the best e-book reader yet to appear on the market. And like the iPod, it could be the tipping point in a whole new way to access a popular medium – in this case, books.
Spreadsheet Page Blog
Welcome to the Spreadsheet Page Blog. This is where you find the latest news on my books, add-ins, and other Excel-related topics. Comments are welcome.