Favorite PUP Features?
I'm always curious to know which features in PUP are used most often.
In the next version, I think I'll add some type of automated counter that increments every time a PUP utility is accessed. Then I could invite users to share their counters.
The PUP features that I use most frequently are:
- PUP Bookmarks -- it's probably the most useful thing I've ever written.
- Text Tools -- I tend to import a lot of data, and this utility is really helpful in cleaning up the data
- View Active Workbook's Folder -- When I'm working on a file, I often need to access other files in the same directory. This utility is the fastest way to get to those files.
- Save Sheet As HTML -- It's nice to be able to create an unbloated HTML table.
- Chart Data Labeler -- Every chart user needs to do this at one time or another. Amazingly, Excel still doesn't allow you to specify an arbitrary range for data labels.
- Workbook Link Finder -- Really useful when someone sends me a workbook with lots of links.
- Worksheet Map -- Useful for getting an idea of how an unfamiliar worksheet is laid out.
What are your favorites?
Spreadsheet Page Blog
Welcome to the Spreadsheet Page Blog. This is where you find the latest news on my books, add-ins, and other Excel-related topics. Comments are welcome.